the Town Hall, located in the central Via Grande, dates back to the 17th century and was the seat of the municipality of Monticello. Above the ashlar portal is the Aldobrandeschi coat of arms. Although in 1783 Grand Duke Pietro Leopoldo sanctioned the transfer of the municipal seat to Cinigiano, the building remained the seat of the court until 1837. Subsequently it was partly home to the Maccherini family, while today it houses the Casa Museo di Monticello Amiata, the only museum in the Municipality of Cinigiano. This ethnographic museum, developed on several floors, was inaugurated in 1987 and reproduces a typical nineteenth-century peasant house, paying particular attention to the ancient crafts linked to the processing of oil and chestnuts.